Invest in your home while relaxing in a backyard utopia designed, installed and maintained by Thompsons Landscaping. We will work with you to create a design plan to enhance the beauty of your yard while increasing the value of your home. Anything from a small garden bed to a complete property redesign can become a reality. We will discuss your goals and provide our expertise - all while staying within your budget!
Mulching is one of the best ways to improve the health of your plants and bushes. Our team of professionals weeds, edges, and spreads 1-3 inches of mulch over the garden beds.
- Bed maintenance includes Mulching, Planting, Weeding, and Pruning
- The premium mulching products that we apply prevent loss of water from the soil due to evaporation, and provides a barrier which reduces the germination of weeds.
- The 1-3 inch layer of mulch that we apply helps maintain soil temperatures by keeping the soil cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. This encourages root growth of shrubs and trees planted in the garden.
- Water runoff from roofs and downspouts onto bare soil accelerates erosion and removes nutrients that are beneficial to plants. We take time to identify these problem areas and apply the necessary mulching products to keep the soil structure intact and prevent soil-borne diseases from infecting plants.
- We recommend applying mulch around ornamental trees planted in lawn areas to not only prevent damage from lawn equipment, but to reduce soil compaction at the base of the trees so surface roots can easily multiply to extract water from the soil even during the hottest days of summer.
- Our triple-shredded, black-dyed mulch beautifies the landscape by providing a dark, long-lasting uniform color to garden beds and provides a dynamic texture to the overall landscape.
We offer a variety of organic and inorganic mulches. Contact us today to find out what type of mulch will most benefit your landscape.
Do you have problems with water collecting in areas of your yard? Are your downspouts unable to handle heavy rains? Let us create a drainage system that moves water away from your home's foundation or saturated areas of your lawn. We design systems that distribute water to seepage areas, or utilize the ability to collect it for use in watering your lawn and garden beds.
- Irrigation Systems
- Pond Management
Hardscaping is a great way to add interest and functionality to your landscape. We offer a variety of options and will work with you to create the landscape you want and increase your property's beauty and value.
Install a patio to create an outdoor living space to get fresh air, entertain your friends, and enjoy family gatherings. We offer a wide variety of materials to choose from.
- Our service provides for weekly and bi-weekly mowing based on what is necessary to maintain a healthy lawn.
- We always provide line trimming around trees, fences, and perimeters with each visit and attention is given to edging along beds, walkways, and driveways.
- We continually change mowing patterns to prevent tire ruts and provide visual interest giving your lawn a professional appearance.
- Our blade box heights are adjusted based on temperature and growing conditions.
- We rotate and sharpen all equipment blades several times a week to provide a clean, sharp cut so your yard looks its best.
Spring and Fall Maintenance
Back to school can mean less time in our busy schedules to focus on lawn care and our outdoor landscapes often go neglected. Falling leaves can seem impossible to keep on top of, and perennials become a burden to prune. Plows damage the yard, while plants are stressed from snow and ice. Our Fall and Spring Maintenance Services will guarantee your property's basic maintenance is taken care of, and your Saturdays can be spent relaxing, rather than spent tending to your lawn. We take the work and the worry out of maintaining your lawn year-round. Our basic services include:
- Beds cleaned out.
- Perennials cut back.
- Bushes pruned to promote growth.
- Two autumn leaf removals from lawns and beds.
Lighting up your landscape at night can be a great way to deter break-ins and help your family safely maneuver around the property at night. We offer many options including: solar, low voltage, LED, timers and phone/computer controlled lighting. Ask how we can help illuminate your home today.
Adding a pond or water feature to your property is a great way to bring nature onto your property while creating a relaxing atmosphere to enjoy and entertain. We design, install and maintain our ponds so you don't have to worry about anything except feeding the fish.
A garden wall is a great way to retain soil or level off a section of your property while creating a beautiful focal point to showcase flowering plants and lighting to your landscape. We have a wide variety of products to choose from to make your landscape pop while adding value to your home.
Install a walkway to dress up the front of your house for guests or improve accessibility to the back. We create custom walkways out of a variety of materials to complement your house and keep the weeds out of the cracks.